PV Systems Leader
Eres Ingeniero Químico, Físico o carrera afín, Postula y envía tus datos si buscas una oportunidad Laboral para nuestro Centro de Energía Solar.
Fraunhofer is giving you an exciting work environment in the areas of applied research and industrial demand. We are focusing on providing innovative and high-quality solutions and advanced research services to support Chile’s development towards a solar economy.
You will lead and guide a motivated and excellent team of about 4 researchers in our Center for Solar Energy Technologies at our offices in Providencia with flexible hours. We offer 20 days of vacation per year plus other administrative days and health insurance. You will have contact to our international partners, especially with colleagues at Fraunhofer ISE, Germany, leading experts in solar technologies.
Electrical, Mechanical or Energy Engineer (MSc, preferably PhD), physicist or equivalent education with background in solar photovoltaic systems, quality assessment and testing. Preferably with proven qualifications in project management. At least 3 years of experience, preferably in the solar industry or electrical market.
You have a sound knowledge of photovoltaic modules and systems operation and principles. You should have experience in the field of project management, photovoltaic performance assessment, solar resource forecasting and cost analysis. You are familiar with market and operational characteristics of different PV technologies. Similarly, it would help if you have already worked with industrial contracts in research, offering R&D services to external customers.
Your strengths include the ability of leading a team of researchers and engineers, negotiating contracts with industrial customers, writing applications or proposals and working independently with a high level of commitment. Therefore, you should have organizational skills, creativity, flexibility, and excellent communicational skills. You are enthusiastic about applied research, renewable energies in general and new ideas, and are interested in working in an interdisciplinary team. The working languages are mainly Spanish and English; speaking German is a plus.
To lead the team “PV Systems” you must mainly deal with research and service contracts for industry and public funded projects on photovoltaic. There is a strong transversal collaboration and interaction with the other teams in our Center, especially in the topics of grid integration, monitoring of systems, solar resource assessments, solar water treatment, storage and green hydrogen. You should:
· Manage and organize your team and equipment on daily basis
· Lead/supervise and be responsible for the projects of your team
· Identify new R&D potentials, projects, partners, clients, and other institutions for this area
· Lead innovative research in PV systems within the team and with collaborators
· Prepare proposals and offers to industry and public tenders
· Prepare progress reports on projects and initiatives associated in the relevant area
· Attend work meetings and report the progress status of projects in the area
· Being a member of the Management Team and support the Executive Director and Vice Director of the Center in tasks on demand
· Support the organization of seminars and dissemination events with industry, academic entities, and other R&D institutions for your area
· Organize team meetings to discuss and develop ongoing projects
· Support in administrative requirements
· Encourage the team maintaining an adequate working environment
· Organize the work of the team and collaborators in terms of logistics, health, and safety
The research efforts of Fraunhofer are geared entirely towards people’s needs: health, security, communication, water, energy, and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s life. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open new ways.
Starting date: July 2022
We are looking forward to receiving your application until 30 June 2022.