- Development of new materials based on wood chips and fibers.
- Laboratory tests and reduction of formaldehyde in wood materials and furniture.
- Analysis and reduction of Volatile Organic Compounds in construction materials.
- Development of facing systems for furniture long lasting and environmental friendly.
- Laboratory tests to improve the properties of wood products using methods such as thermography, ultrasound and magnetic resonance.
- Recycling of furniture waste in the assembly of wood boards.
Fraunhofer WKI operates in Chile and Latin America since 2016. It’s purpose is to support the development of the wood industry with the development of innovative and cost/efficient solutions that impact the market.
It is an active member of private and public organizations related to this industry and has developed important links with companies. It also offers quality certifications and test services, to improve the competitiveness of wood based products.