Statement of Data Protection Conditions for the Internet
The purpose of this Data Protection Policy is to inform users of the processing of personal data that is collected by the Fraunhofer Chile Research Foundation (hereinafter "FCR"), in compliance with the personal data protection regulations that are regulated by different legal bodies.
Indeed, its regulatory framework is made up, among others, by Law No. 19,628, of 1999, on the protection of private life; what is enshrined in article 19 No. 4 of the Political Constitution of the Republic; Law No. 20,285, on access to public information; Law No. 20,575, which establishes the principle of purpose in the processing of personal data; Decree No. 779, of 2000, of the Ministry of Justice, which approves regulations for personal data banks run by public bodies. In addition, these regulations are complemented by the recommendations of the Council for Transparency on the protection of personal data by the State Administration bodies, published in the Official Gazette on September 14, 2011.
Responsibility of FCR for data use:
FCR will adopt the necessary security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of the data collected by FCR and its workers, who at any time could interact with personal data, are obliged to keep it secret, when they come from or have been collected from sources not accessible to the public, obligations that will subsist indefinitely, even after the end of their relations with FCR.
The data delivered by users will be managed exclusively by FCR workers, avoiding improper use, alteration or delivery to third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, FCR will not be responsible for the use that third parties may give to the personal data provided by their owners in spaces open to the public, such as social networks or forums.
Ways of data collection:
Automatic: Electronic processes that allow the recording of activities and general behavior of users within a website, but do not allow their personal identification.
Demographic and interest data: Estimated data such as age, gender and interests, obtained through navigation analysis.
Newsletter and discussion forums: The use of certain services of the FCR website, such as Newsletter or discussion forums, require prior registration and involve substantial processing of personal data, such as the long-term storage of email addresses. email, user IDs and passwords. Such data is disclosed voluntarily by the user and will not be delivered or transferred without the user's prior consent.
Use of information:
The personal data of the users will be used only for the fulfillment of the purposes indicated at the time of its disclosure.
The personal data collected through www.fraunhofer.cl will be stored only for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected.
FCR will not deliver data publicly nor will it be transferred to third parties without your consent.
The user may at any time exercise the rights granted by Law No. 19,628 on the protection of private life and its subsequent amendments. Specifically, you will be able to:
- Request access to the data related to your person, its origin and recipient, the purpose of storage and the individualization of the people or organizations to which your data is regularly transmitted;
- Request the modification or rectification of your personal data when they are erroneous, inaccurate, misleading or incomplete;
- Request the deletion or cancellation of your personal data when its storage lacks a legal basis or is expired, unless there is a legal exception.
- Request the temporary suspension of any processing operation of their personal data when the user has voluntarily provided their data or they are used for informative communications and do not wish to continue appearing in the respective registry temporarily or permanently, or when the accuracy of the data personal data cannot be established or whose validity is doubtful and for which the cancellation does not correspond.
- Object to your personal data being used for the purposes of advertising, market research or opinion polls.